“We are delighted to announce we have awarded 24 scholarships this year to attend the 2024 AAOS/AALOS annual meeting and for Away Rotations and interviews in Orthopedic Surgery”
AALOS Sponsorship for Away Rotations and Interviews in Orthopedic Surgery
The purpose of the M2-M4 scholarship is to expose Hispanic students to orthopedic surgery through attendance at both the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) and American Academy of Latino Orthopedic Surgeons (AALOS) Annual Meetings. This scholarship program will also support medical students interested in orthopedic surgery during their medical school, away rotations.
M2 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP/GRANT PROGRAM
- Scholarships are for Hispanic students considering a career in orthopedic surgery.
- Grants are funding for students who have or are considering a career in orthopedic surgery.
- Recipients will be eligible to:
- Attend AAOS meeting year 2.
- Attend AALOS meeting year 2.
- Attend a seminar after the AALOS Annual Meeting, “Matching into Orthopedic Surgery”.
- Be reimbursed for travel expenses up to $500
- Be reimbursement for other expenses up to $500
M3 and M4 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP/GRANT
- Stipend for away rotation (1-2) at the beginning of the 4th year to include:
- Reimbursement of room and board up to $1000
- Reimbursement of air travel expenses up to $500
- Attend AAOS in 3rd and 4th year to include:
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to $500
- Reimbursement of other expenses up to $500
- Attend AALOS 3rd and 4th years
- Attend a seminar after the AALOS Annual Meeting, “Matching into Orthopedic Surgery”
- In person interviews:
- Reimbursement of up to $1500, to defray travel costs for students in-person interviews outside their home venue.
- Students must complete an application for their first year of participation in the program and must reapply for the scholarship annually. Applications are due on May 1st. see attached or request at
- Students applying for reimbursement must be a member of AALOS.
- Students are required to submit written documentation of all reimbursement requests, with original receipts attached.
AALOS is now accepting Medical Student Scholarships for 2024. The scholarships will be competitive and will be funded in part by an IDEA Grant from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. The scholarships will be awarded to students who are interested in orthopedics and will fund their attendance at the AAOS and AALOS meetings as well as provide funding for away rotations in orthopaedic surgery during the students’ 4th year. The requirements for the application are attached below.